ASET Membership Manager
This position is responsible for managing the membership activities and related committee responsibilities for the membership department for ASET, The Neurodiagnostic Society, a 501c6 non-profit membership association of 7,000+ healthcare neurodiagnostic professionals.
The role of Membership Manager is the primary employee responsible for cultivating member relations and membership growth and maintaining member records. This person will engage members strategically to position ASET as their go-to society and thereby cultivate an environment of member value, which includes recommending and leading the development of member development programs and services. This person also responds to member inquiries as needed. This person is also responsible as cultivator of the Society’s Chapter program, Volunteer and Leadership Development program, and acts as staff liaison to the Membership Committee.
Membership Manager Specific Duties, Responsibilities and Authority
Membership Growth and Engagement
• Serves as first contact for member and prospect inquiries
• Maintains Member Database (Association Management System) and coordinates annual dues renewal program across all member categories
• Plans and implements member retention, promotion, and engagement campaigns throughout the year; working closely with the Marketing Manager to utilize the most effective communication techniques available to the Society. This includes the annual member renewal campaign (Oct – Jan).
• Builds case for member ROI for each dues-paying member class
• Analyzes member utilization of programs, services and benefits and recommends adjustments to increase utilization and renewal rates.
• Recommends new member benefit programs and services based on member needs and satisfaction surveying.
• Cultivates the chapter program and manages its administrative operations
• Provides guidance to chapter leadership on chapter governance and operations
• Develops programs and services aimed at assisting chapters in member growth, retention, and satisfaction in a way that is congruent with the ASET Mission.
• Maintains the Society’s IRS group tax exemption and annual updating of subordinates
Volunteer and Leadership Development
• Solicits member volunteers, and coordinates volunteer placement and utilization with commitees, task forces, and special projects
• Promotes enrollment in the ASET/ABRET Joint Leadership Academy
• Ensures the Leadership Academy content and coursework is current and appropriately encompassing.
• Annuals surveys Academy Graduating class and assists in awards production during Annual Awards Ceremony.
• Reports to the Sr. Director of Operations and Government Affairs
• Has regular and frequent contact with other Society staff
• Maintains personal contacts with membership to the greatest degree possible, positioning themselves as the “recognized contact person” at the Society
• Serves as staff liaison to Membership Committee
• Serves as staff liaison to Chapter Presidents Council
• Serves as staff liaison to the Volunteer and Leadership Development Committee
Education and Experience
Minimum Bachelors degree, with related work experience in a membership department required.
• Strong oral and written communication
• Outstanding customer service, to include the ability to work with all types of members and needs
• Strong computer acumen with CRM/Association Management Systems (Impexium experience a bonus)
• The ability to interact and initiate member engagement activities, especially during the annual conference
• Must be detail oriented but strategically capable with strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Takes initiative, demonstrates creativity, personable, and has a high level of professionalism
• Superior organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and balance competing priorities; experience with reaching milestones on time.
ASET operates in a virtual environment allowing employees to work anywhere in the continental United States. ASET provides excellent benefits to include generous PTO, health, dental, vision, disability, and an employer contributed retirement program (SEP). All employees must have adequate space for a private home office. Furthermore, ASET operates in a ROWE (Results Oriented Work Environment) placing an emphasis on individual empowerment and responsibility with a focus on outcomes.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $63,000 / year
If interested, please contact Kevin Helm, CAE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manager, Membership Acquisition
Golf Course Superintendents Association of America
GCSAA is seeking an energetic, passionate individual to oversee the development, planning and management of the organization’s membership growth and retention initiatives. This position will be responsible for using membership reports and metrics to develop new membership growth and retention campaigns aimed towards achieving the organization’s membership and engagement goals.
Qualified candidates possess:
- Exceptional customer service with a positive, professional, and motivated attitude
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple, concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be innovative and creative; proven track record of thinking outside of the box
- A minimum of three years experience working in an association or membership-driven organization and/or related experience
- Associates or Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Understanding of the game of golf and/or golf industry preferred
- This position will work from our headquarters office in Lawrence, Kan.
- This position will travel annually to the GCSAA Conference & Trade Show
The Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA), is a non-profit, membership-driven association with more than 18,000 members in 78 countries and 80 employees with one goal: to become the global leader in golf course management. Our mantra is simple: Everyone paddles in the same direction, with consistent and equal effort, toward our organizational mission. No golf background, no problem. We seek to hire passionate team members of diverse backgrounds who wish to make an impact on the growth, vitality and enjoyment of the game of golf. And the best part, we get to call this work.
If you are someone who is dedicated to making a difference and enjoys a team-oriented environment, GCSAA is for you. From year-round casual attire, to staff fun events and work/life integration, we place a great value on our team members and their contributions both to the association and within our community.
We take our work seriously, but we know how to have fun. Compensation range is $48,000 - $55,000 annually. In addition to GCSAA’s attractive compensation/benefits package, we provide generous paid leave, allow for community involvement opportunities and award wellness incentives.
Applications will continue to be received until the position is filled. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to respond. Apply online at www.gcsaa.org and select the Careers tab, “Careers at GCSAA.” If you need assistance applying, please email email@example.com
GCSAA promotes a welcoming and inclusive workplace that supports diversity in its mission, culture and employment practices. GCSAA seek individuals who align with this vision. GCSAA is proud to be an EOE.
Membership & Engagement Coordinator
American Association of School Personnel Administrators
Reports To: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Salary Range: $39,000 - $42,000
JOB GOAL: Manage and maintain all membership functions. Responsible for membership recruitment, retention, reporting and communications. Duties will include maintaining member records in a database, tracking membership, answering membership questions, and planning and implementing member engagement strategies. In addition, you will work closely with the state affiliate leaders to identify opportunities to enhance engagement of current and prospective members. The successful candidate should be an organized and intuitive self-starter with exceptional marketing, communication and relationship skills with an interest in entrepreneurship and innovation.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to execute each requirement satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in marketing or communication.
- Two+ years association experience (member engagement, sales or recruitment related roles)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and marketing programs, including but not limited to, Constant Contact, Canva, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Premier Pro highly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of social media for marketing and communications.
- Strong organizational and communication skills required.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and work independently.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Perform such other tasks (which may require knowledge of other job descriptions) as may seem appropriate to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate, implement, improve and “own” the membership recruitment and engagement process. Follow-up and engage prospective members to ensure necessary paperwork is completed.
- Works collaboratively with the Executive Director to develop and execute a proactive membership strategy to engage current and prospective members, meeting the association’s membership directives and goals.
- Serves as the primary entry point for AASPA members and membership prospects, handling all incoming calls, emails and member inquiries. This includes the administration of the association Chatbot.
- Maintains all data within the AASPA database and online member directory, runs reports and analytics to help drive outreach to current and prospective members.
- Manages new member onboarding program, including orientation and year-round engagement throughout the first year of membership and participates in member and prospect outreach and retention calls.
- Support the creation of periodic member experience surveys and help implement any actionable feedback.
- Provide regular membership reports for staff, committees and the Executive Board; ensures integrity of membership data, metrics and trends.
- Assists the Membership Committee in the development and implementation of marketing programs and materials to effectively recruit/retain members and prospects.
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to AASPA members and prospects.
- Creates, facilitates and organizes affiliate training and programming focused on leadership development and affiliate operations.
- Identifies tools and resources for successful affiliate operations and provides best practices.
- Facilitates networking and idea sharing among affiliate leaders to increase opportunities for connection.
- Monitors affiliate operations, governance, and activities. Ensures compliance with national AASPA.
- Establishes key measurements to track affiliate performance and measure progress.
- Maintains Affiliate leadership database.
- Directs planning and implementation of communications and marketing and works with other staff to plan and promote membership through direct mail, electronic marketing Website, e-mail and other formats.
- Establishes key metrics for membership and marketing campaigns, ensuring outreach and retention efforts resonate with members and prospects.
- Responsibilities include understanding and utilizing print and electronic mediums to provide effective communication to members and promote the organization in a cost-effective manner.
- Manages AASPA’s Web site for Member Benefits as well as Blogs and Specialty Pages
- Creates and manages AASPA social media network, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical requirements may include:
- Low degree of physical stamina and a light degree of physical strength.
- Ability to use computer, telephone, and other office equipment for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel as needed for association events.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is not a virtual or remote position. Candidate must be willing to work in an office. AASPA maintains an office in Overland Park, KS open from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday.
Please send cover letter and resume to Kelly Coash-Johnson, Executive Director Kelly@aaspa.org by June 18, 2021