Visit KC Sales Manager
Job Category: Convention Sales
Reports to: Senior Vice-President of Convention Sales & Services
Job Classification: Exempt
Sales manager is responsible for generating leads up to 200 rooms on peak to Kansas City and the metropolitan area. This position’s primary focus is short-term lead generation and business conversion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet or exceed predetermined individual, yearly goals in the areas of definite hotel bookings and associated room nights, conversion of tentative to definite bookings, weekly prospecting calls and site visits.
- Responsible for fielding inquiries of meetings under 200 peak rooms.
- Identify, research and prospect target accounts to uncover additional business opportunities for the city.
- Produce sales leads for Visit KC hotel partners.
- Coordinates and conducts individual site visits of city meeting and convention facilities (hotels and attractions) for prospective clients
- Converts leads into confirmed business; prepares proposals.
- Assist the direct sales effort by attending sales missions, meetings, trade shows and other industry-related functions.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends and competing cities (i.e. through web research, trade journals, industry participation and travel).
- Maintain good product knowledge of the destination including the general area, convention center, hotels and services.
- Manage client relationships to ensure adequate account servicing.
- Execute all other duties as assigned by the Senior Vice-President of Convention Sales & Services.
- Maintains good communication with clients and Visit KC members.
- Speed to market, organizational skills and follow-up areessential to success in this position.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Work evenings, weekends, travel based on client and office demands and possesses a valid driver’s license.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Hybrid work environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum one to two (1-2) years sales experience in related field, preferably convention bureau, facility or hotel sales and convention services. Bachelor’s Degree (B.S. /B.A.) from four-year college or university in management, sales, marketing or related field preferred. Ability to read, analyzes, articulate, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures. Excellent communication skills. Extensive knowledge of and enthusiasm for city and facilities. Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office and destination management software systems required
For more information, or to apply, please go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume as we accept applications through the below job application website:
Director of Membership; KCRAR and Heartland MLS
REPORTS TO: KCRAR Chief Operating Officer
SUMMARY: The Kansas City Regional Association of REALTORS® offers a collaborative environment that will allow you the opportunity to work on impactful projects that make a difference. What we love the most about working at KCRAR is the autonomy, collaborative team environment, and commitment to a positive work-life balance. Are you someone with strong database skills who is highly customer-service oriented and enjoys working with information, generating reports, problem-solving, and collaborating? Are you a goal-oriented, results-driven, self-starting leader who brings the best out of your team? We may be looking for you! The Director of Membership Responsible for the database management of all member records for KCRAR and Heartland MLS including proper reporting and remittance to the state and national organizations. Supervises staff involved in new member processing, record maintenance, and customer service activities. KCRAR offers a competitive salary and benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- HEARTLAND MLS QUARTERLY BILLING AND ANNUAL DUES
- Prepare verbiage and messaging for all billings. Includes appropriate language for RPAC investments, NAR required verbiage, and Education Foundation. Runs reports for all members who did not renew and sends reminders.
- Ensures all partial payments are recorded, and all waived dues and emeritus are not invoiced.
- Manages billing process and timeline in RAMCO System. Ensures all late fees are assessed as scheduled, and suspensions and terminations occur. Verifies billing accuracy.
- Verifies and sends renewing dues transmittals to NAR, MR, and KAR with appropriate checks, meeting all required NAR and State deadlines.
- Verifies monthly new and rejoining members’ dues income, requests checks, and sends appropriate transmittals to NAR and State Associations.
- Prepares the membership budget based on renewing members’ dues and estimated new members for the coming year.
- Calculates the Membership Departments expenses for the year, new member materials, and new member packets.
- Assist with committees if applicable as staff liaiso
- Responsible for the KCRAR and Heartland MLS database.
- Oversees and is responsible for new record entry into the database system for KCRAR and HMLS.
- Overseeing the daily NRDS sync error log.
- Point of Entry for NRDS. Ensures compliance with NAR for record management and transmission to the NRDS database.
- Runs comparison reports throughout the year between NRDS and the database system, especially important in April when NAR bases their dues collection on the total members and in October for the RPAC investments count.
- Stays current on membership database software and interfaces with various vendors for upgrades, pricing, and RFPs.
- END-OF-THE-MONTH REPORTS
- Pulls a variety of end-of-the-month reports for the CEO, staff, and leadership.
- NEW MEMBER EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Manages outreach to all new members regarding their new member education requirements and code of ethics.
- Oversees automated processes in RAMCO to ensure accuracy on completion data.
- NON-MEMBER ASSESSMENTS
- Compares with the State Real Estate Commission website or new agent lists against KCRAR membership for agents who are not members of KCRAR.
- Continually manage license sync data from MREC and KREC into RAMCO.
- Sends NMA letters to the responsible party (DR) for holding licenses of non-members.
- Launch and manage the billing timeline in RAMCO.
- Supervise and oversee the Membership Coordinators who welcome and sign-up new members with KCRAR, and HMLS, issue a supra eKey and explain the benefits of membership, and transfer members from office to office in a timely manner
- Supervises Front Desk staff.
- Plan and provide continuous training and education on Association and MLS policies and regulations to empower each staff person to be involved in the vision and goals of the strategic plan.
- Conduct annual reviews, salary adjustments, and oversee staff hiring, training, and dismissal.
- Run the occasional survey on customer service etc.
- Mails cease and desist letters to members or non-members for unauthorized use of the trademark and REALTOR logo.
- Prior to dues invoice mailing send out verification letters to individual members and oversee the correction made from the returned member verification.
- Sends out office verification to DR that lists all agents in their office. On receipt of the corrected office, verification makes the changes i.e., verifies terminated members with official state paperwork or sends new member application form.
- DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Stays current on membership database software and interfaces with various vendors for upgrades, pricing, and RFPs.
- Ensures compliance with NAR for record management and transmission to the NRDS database.
- Develop and instruct quarterly class for office administrators and personal assistants to learn important Association and MLS policies and procedures.
- Fields questions from KCRAR and HMLS members by phone, email, and in person.
- Meet with members, explains the benefits of membership, process membership forms, and collect fees.
- Assists in opening new offices in HMLS and KCRAR, insuring all the necessary paperwork has been completed and collects application fees, and adds records in the membership system.
- Develop data-driven member engagement strategies to increase the utilization of membership benefits.
- Manage multiple tasks, while maintaining excellent customer service and prioritizing duties accordingly.
- Responsible for continually educating themselves on the National Association of REALTORS membership policies.
- Process and help members establish new secure lockbox and key services.
- Facilitate REALTOR Store transactions for members when needed.
- OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY THE CEO or COO
- Computer proficiency and expert knowledge of database management.
- Management experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Project management.
- Attention to detail.
Please apply at:
OMNI is honored to be retained by Braden Heidner Lowe and Associates in their search for their next Communications Manager. Headquartered in Topeka, KS, Braden Heidner Lowe & Associates (BHL) is a government relations and association management firm serving clients across the country.
The Communications Manager develops and manages communication programs for BHL and the clients they serve. The Communications Manager utilizes skills for content creation with communication vehicles designed to appeal to multiple generations.
Forecasting and Development
- Collaborate with account managers to understand and develop communication strategies for clients and company.
- Forecast, develop and implement programs according to communication strategies for clients and company, which may include all or some of the following:
- Email marketing.
- Social media management.
- Website presence.
- Electronic publications.
- Develop and manage communication calendars that proactively forecast related activities and opportunities for clients and company.
- Collaboration with account managers and related stakeholders to develop marketing approaches to promote client value, including messaging, trends and identifying target audiences.
- Proactive execution of communication projects and promotion of client value.
- Awareness of communication trends and use of existing and emerging platforms.
- Collaboration with internal stakeholders to understand communication needs, deadlines, and opportunities.
- Content creation for communication campaigns, including graphic design for eye appeal on social media platforms and event promotion.
- Management of social media accounts with emphasis for high engagement.
- Analyzation of engagement data and trends.
- Solicitation and collection of materials used for communication projects.
- Creation of electronic publications.
- Maintenance and enhancement of client websites.
- Creation of email marketing campaigns.
- Photo and video integration into communication platforms.
- Coordination with internal stakeholders on development of marketing strategies.
- Manage and ensure timely and accurate maintenance and accessibility of all client and contact databases.
- Develop and manage respective client communications budgets.
- Effectively manage a high degree of confidential information and ensure information is communicated and/or always maintained in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Proactively forecast communication needs and opportunities for company and clients.
- Function as a resource to all client and contacts, especially as a representative of the company’s senior management. Facilitate answers to questions and ensure that all inquiries are addressed with an appropriate sense of service, urgency, and direction.
Communication and Relationships
- Ensure the development and cultivation of favorable relationships with all clients, prospective clients, candidates, friends, vendors, and visitors served. Work closely with the Managing Principal to ensure expedient resolution of problems and questions.
Public Image and Company Representation
- Represent the company and clients in a highly professional manner at all times. Promote the goals and objectives of the organization and its clients. Collaborate with others within the organizations to ensure successful implementation and delivery of high-quality service and support to our client.
- Develop marketing strategies to promote value of clients and company to stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications or related field or other related training.
- 3-5 years’ experience in communications or marketing.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office tools, as well as networked systems in general.
- Demonstrated success and experience with executive level communication & engagement.
- Demonstrated knowledge and success at the development and communication of professional correspondence.
- Strong social media skills required, including content creation and graphic design for posts. Platforms include LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Hootsuite.
- Strong skills using Abode products required, including InDesign.
- Basic graphic design skills.
- Experience with third party survey tools required.
- Exceptional organizational skills, and demonstrated success in a multi-task environment
We appreciate your suggestions or referrals to professionals who may have an interest in this outstanding opportunity. Please direct all inquiries to:
OMNI Human Resource Management
Anna Robinson, Senior Search Consultant
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.