Outreach Director - - Safer + Simpler Missouri coalition
Location: This role is fully remote and must be located in Missouri. (The position requires extensive travel across the state.)
Safer + Simpler Missouri is a dynamic coalition committed to fostering safer and simpler building codes across the state. Our mission is to expand our broad coalition, engage with stakeholders, and raise awareness about the significance of updated building codes in order to pass legislation to create a state building code. We are dedicated to building a safer and more resilient Missouri through robust engagement, education, and collaboration with diverse communities.
As the Outreach Director for Safer + Simpler Missouri, you will play a pivotal role in connecting with stakeholders and community groups across the entire state. Your primary responsibility will involve extensive travel, engaging with diverse communities, and advocating for safer building codes. You will spearhead efforts to broaden our coalition's reach, coordinate key meetings, and ensure effective communication with coalition members. This position requires a proactive individual who can contribute to our grassroots and grasstops strategies while working closely with communications consultants to develop impactful public-facing content.
This is a grant-funded role with a three-year grant. This role could also be for two part-time people.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Travel across Missouri to engage with various communities, listening to their needs regarding building codes and educating them about the coalition's objectives. Build and deepen relationships with coalition members, potential coalition members, and other interested groups.
- Coalition Coordination: Organize and coordinate coalition meetings and steering committee meetings, fostering collaboration and alignment among diverse groups.
- Communication: Provide regular, clear, and concise communications to coalition members, keeping them informed and engaged in the effort.
- Content Development: Collaborate with communications consultants to create compelling public-facing content that effectively communicates the importance of updated building codes.
- Education and Awareness: Execute strategies to educate the broader public on the coalition's objectives and raise awareness about the importance of safer building codes.
- Geographic Expansion: Extend the coalition's outreach across Missouri by actively traveling to different regions, understanding local needs, and promoting the coalition's message.
- Event Participation: Attend conferences and events where stakeholders or target communities are assembled, establishing a strong presence for Safer + Simpler Missouri.
- Proven experience in community outreach, stakeholder engagement, or related roles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including presentation skills.
- Ability to travel extensively across the state of Missouri.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Understanding of building codes or related regulatory topics is a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary is $70,000 per year.
- The benefits package includes health insurance, paid vacation and holidays, disability insurance, and more.
- Mileage will be reimbursed at the standard IRS rate.
Safer + Simpler Missouri is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Evenings as needed
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote
A nonprofit trade association in Johnson County is seeking an Office Manager.
The role of the Office Manager will support the day-to-day activities of managing NARI KC. This includes customer and vendor management, general administration, database, and program management (content drives website), conference and training support, bookkeeping and office administration, committee and director support.
We believe a successful candidate personal core values include:
- Collaboration: We are a culture that empowers you to make decisions and act. And while autonomy is important, collaboration is also vital to develop our community. Being a strong team player will help you grow the association and your career.
- Growth: The growth of our association follows the personal and professional growth of its employees. Valuing growth means that you have the drive to continuously improve both yourself and our company. Growth is based on mutual success.
- Innovation: Challenge yourself to see what’s possible to better meet the needs of the team, members, and the association. We are all work in progress, striving to improve and do better. Think of creative ways to solve tough problems. Take calculated risks. Finding new ways to solve a problem will help the association move forward.
- Integrity: Valuing integrity in the workplace means that you strive to do the right thing, even when you think no one is looking. This is living a life of honesty, transparency, and a commitment to doing what’s best for your members, teammates, and the association, even when it’s not popular.
- Service: Being service-minded means that you care about providing quality experience to the industry we serve. We believe this includes supporting your community and your team. Valuing service means that you aim to provide a meaningful experience to all the people you serve and support.
The ideal characteristics of a Office Manger include but are not limited to:
- Savvy with technology.
- Has a positive attitude (enjoys every day, even Monday)
- Wants to know more than they know.
- Is comfortable working in a changing environment.
- Understands time management and reprioritizing.
- Organized but flexible schedule with the ability to multitask.
- Self-starter that works independently as needed but also part of a team.
- Finds communication is a key to success even when it is uncomfortable.
- Thinks through the customer experience.
- Understands data management and reporting.
- Must be dependable.
- Has never used the words, “That is not my job”.
- Has a curious mindset, always asking why.
- Treats their work as if they own the company.
- Scheduling and planning experience.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook (skillset could be tested)
- Previous sales management software or ChamberMaster experience is a plus but not required.
- Understands and uses social media.
- Constant Contact, SurveyMonkey, Zoom, Canva, Adobe
- Ability to learn new programs quickly. (skillset could be tested)
- Ongoing bookkeeping and administrative support to the office.
- Drive organizational success through the management of:
- Partnership agreements.
- Data and record management.
- Daily operations.
- Special projects.
- Works closely with Directors making them aware of issues and/or concerns.
- Monitor, manage and maintain office equipment and supplies.
- Produces reports as required.
- Answer incoming calls and provides exceptional customer service by using critical thinking, problem solving and/or forwarding the call to the appropriate environment.
The pay is dependent on experience and $45,000 - $52,000 a year. Interested candidates should submit their letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHO WE ARE
The National Association of the Remodeling Industry – Kansas City (NARI KC) is a non-profit 501c6 membership trade association committed to raising the standards of professionalism within the remodeling industry. NARI KC represents all facets of the remodeling industry with an emphasis on residential remodeling. Through its various programs, NARI KC promotes training and a highly professional, responsible image of the remodeling profession. NARI KC members must abide to a code of ethics, and they work collaboratively to protect the homeowners from a bad remodeling experience.
NARI KC’s primary members are residential remodeling general and specialty contractor companies. The membership includes a diverse group of businesses that offer products and services to the remodeling industry that support the remodeling general and specialty contractors, which includes accountants, lenders, suppliers, manufacturers, marketing, insurance agents, etc. Members attend NARI KC events looking for information on best practices and ways to deliver more value to their careers, their business, their employees, and their customers.