Executive Director, National Lubricating Grease Institute
The Executive Director is the key management leader of NLGI and is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include membership recruitment, marketing, and lubricating grease international community outreach. The position reports directly to the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors.
Working in full concert with the Board of Directors Executive Committee and in collaboration with the staff/board leadership of NLGI, the Executive Director will be responsible for providing the strategic leadership necessary to sustain, evaluate and enhance all activities including leadership, membership growth, outreach/marketing, university partnership creation, the impact of research grants, initiatives and scholarships and professional education initiatives.
S/he will also be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization. The Executive Director will manage a budget of approximately $770,000 primarily generated through memberships, sponsorships and certification fees, and direct the activities of staff and contractors working on behalf of the organization. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly at a governance level and to make informed decisions.
- Works to support and guide the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.• Work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, sponsorship activities and to increase the overall visibility of the Institute throughout the lubricating grease community.
- Be involved with strategic planning in conjunction with the Board and assist with implementation of the strategic plan along with other Board directed goals
- Plan, set schedule (in cooperation with meeting planner) and oversee Annual Meeting, as well as periodic Board and Executive Committee meetings.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of NLGI, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Planning and operation of annual budget, including annual meeting and board meeting budgets.
- In charge of dues collection and certification fee collection as well as oversight of sponsorship efforts.
- Monthly finance review with Treasurer and Board Finance Committee.
Marketing, Strategy and Outreach:
- Drives membership growth through marketing and outreach initiatives.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts, including annual meeting promotional video, email blasts and ad swaps with STLE, ELGI, ICIS, and other related industry organizations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the lubricating grease community (NLGI- India, CLGI, STLE, ELGI, etc.) and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance NLGI’s Mission. This will involve domestic and international travel to some of these organizations’ annual meetings each year.
- Works with board to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and marketing outreach.
- Responsible for the enhancement of NLGI’s image by overseeing all marketing/communications activities and being active and visible within the grease industry and working in collaboration with other professional organizations.
- Serve as NLGI’s primary staff spokesperson to the organization’s constituents and the lubricating grease community.
- Act as NLGI’s representative and liaison, as needed, at events, conferences and programs related to the industry and with international sister organizations (CLGI, NLGI-India, ELGI, etc.) to enhance the visibility of NLGI nationally in the US and throughout the world.
- Effective and efficient administration of NLGI operations using appropriate resources.
- Direct responsibility for hiring of qualified staff, vendors and contractors
- Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operations.
- Seek out, negotiate and supervise contracts for services (other than for meetings). Review and approve all contracts for services.
- Handle all legal communication with attorneys, maintains insurance policies, surety bonds, pension plan and banking for the Institute.
- Oversee management of NLGI website, office software and hardware upgrades and annual meeting mobile app updates.
- Maintain and manage NLGI archives and historical records.
- Participate in and network with other leaders in professional membership associations, such as, the American Society of Association Executives.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, non-profit management or other relevant disciplines, along with a minimum of five years of experience, demonstrating a positive track record of upward mobility and successful results.
- Proven experience as a senior leader or board member of a nonprofit would be a plus.
- While direct experience in the grease industry or manufacturing is not required, candidates must recognize the value and contributions of the industry.
- Must possess a history of achieving/exceeding goals, improving bottom line performance and growing the organizations under his/her responsibility.
- Candidates with experience in an external leadership role where interaction with a Board of Directors, and external stakeholders was a key component would be viewed favorably. The successful candidate will have proven ability to motivate, influence and communicate a vision to all stakeholders.
- Solid, hands-on, budget and organizational management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience addressing complex issues and leading significant initiatives/programs is required. Must possess experience successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge and experience in marketing, communications and/or outreach for membership growth would distinguish finalist candidates.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.• Ability to convey a vision of NLGI’s strategic future to staff, board, members and sponsors.
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers.
EFL Associates, a retained executive search firm, is assisting NLGI with this important search. All calls and inquiries should be made through the search firm. Nominations and applications will be held in confidence. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Our client and EFL Associates firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
700 West 47th Street, Suite 1100
Kansas City, MO 64112
Nancy Huckaba, Associate Vice PresidentEmail: email@example.com
Ali Ward, Executive Search ProfessionalEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales Executive, Publisher Services
The Sales Executive, Publisher Services generates revenues through the sale of Allen Press publisher services such as composition, peer review, online publishing, association management and other product offerings. The Sales Executive uses needs-based sales approach and problem-solving approach and constantly prospects to maintain a full pipeline of leads new and current customers. Apply at https://www2.allenpress.com/about/careers/.
Business Development Coordinator
The Business Development Coordinator contributes to revenue growth by supporting the Allen Press sales team in a wide range of activities. Please apply at allenpress.com.
Customer Service Coordinator for Society for Simulation in Healthcare
Reports to: Associate Executive Director
SUMMARY: The Customer Service Coordinator serves members and customers by providing product and service information, resolving product and service problems, and routing inquiries to the appropriate subject matter expert. The purpose of this position is to answer all incoming inquiries to the Society and be able to address them in a professional manner. The Customer Service Coordinator will act as a liaison, provide basic product/services information and resolve any emerging problems that our members might face with accuracy and efficiency. The best Customer Service Coordinator will be genuinely excited to help customers, be patient, empathetic, and passionately communicative. The Customer Service Coordinator can put themselves in their customers’ shoes and advocate for them when necessary. The Customer Service Coordinator is confident at troubleshooting and investigates if they don’t have enough information to resolve the problem.
The target is to ensure excellent service standards and maintain high member satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages all incoming telephone and email inquiries to the Society during normal business hours. Updates member records as needed to record call content.
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools
- Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Attracts potential members by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services.
- Maintains member records by updating account information.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A high school degree with at least two years’ related experience.
- Will require up to ten days travel in January for annual meeting and three staff meetings per year (2.5 days each).
- Other travel as assigned.
- Daily activities are conducted in a typical office environment. Lifting responsibilities of up to 40 pounds.
- This position functions daily in a virtual environment. The incumbent is required to provide appropriate working space.
- Proven customer service, quality focus, problem solving, documentation skills, listening, phone skills, conflict resolution, multi-tasking.
- Excellent listening skills
- Must have excellent people skills and be very comfortable with interacting with members.
- Must have strong computer skills including familiarity with customer relationship management systems/association management systems and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point).
- Must be able to work independently and function effectively in a virtual office environment with internet access and minimal supervision.
Sales Manager (Sports)
The Sports Marketing Manager (SMM) for eXplore Lawrence (EL) will work to identify and attract sporting opportunities that generate overnight visitors for the greater Lawrence area which meet the overall EL mission of producing hotel room nights and incremental revenue for the area. The SMM will focus on raising the profile of Lawrence as a sport destination by aggressively marketing Lawrence’s existing resources and targeting events that will generate a positive economic impact for the community.
- Work with local sports sites and facilities to learn and identify potential use, parameters for booking (schedules, rates, etc.) and procedures.
- Connect with sports clubs and coaches; identify challenges and opportunities within each sport for tournaments possibilities.
- Serve as a direct link between event organizers and facility managers, hotels, and city services.
- Identify and create resources within EL to position Lawrence as a sport destination (web site, print, etc.)
- Research and maintain a list of possible tournaments and sporting events that can be hosted in the greater Lawrence area.
- Research, prepare and present bids.
- Organize and participate in event planner site visits and familiarization tours.
- Using the Simpleview CRM system, establish prospective files, document appropriate records in a timely and accurate manner, create/distribute and follow up on leads.
- Represent EL professionally in appropriate local and national organizations.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/sports marketing or related field.
- Knowledge of youth and amateur sports market.
- Self-driven with ability to work as a team player.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to set and meet goals.
- Excellent and demonstrated oral, written, presentation, communication skills.
- Working knowledge of computers, basic office procedures, social media and development of PowerPoint or similar presentations.
Competitive salary and compensation package including full benefits.
E-mail resume to Michael Davidson, Executive Director, eXplore Lawrence