NARI Executive Director
Kansas City NARI, a local chapter of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry, is a not-for-profit trade association and is the premier resource for the remodeling industry and its consumers. During the past year, the remodeling industry has been booming and is expected to continue to experience gains through 2022. This outstanding opportunity is available due to the upcoming retirement of the current executive director.
The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors’ officers. Together with two staff members, national association resources, and committee members, the Executive Director provides vision and leadership and is responsible for the success of the organization.
Primary Responsibilities Highlights:
- The environment is fun and family-oriented, with people who deliver high-quality results. The Executive Director oversees the various networking, educational and outreach events along with day-to-day operations. A strategically oriented leader can enhance existing programming and introduce new opportunities for current members and enhance new membership growth.
- Recommends policies and procedures, supports, informs, educates, facilitates and advises the governing body of the chapter.
- Works closely with, supports the efforts of, informs, educates, facilitates the success of, and advises and encourages Kansas City NARI’s committees.
- Communicates with the National Association of the Remodeling Industry Headquarters (HQ) officers and staff, and other chapters to share and implement incremental chapter improvements.
- Must be available for occasional weekend and evening events and travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Philanthropy, or related field preferred
- 5-10 years of non-profit leadership experience preferred
- Minimum Education and experience qualification can be substituted with an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Compensation: This is a full-time, exempt position. We offer a competitive total compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience/qualifications, use of company vehicle, generous holidays and paid time off.
KC NARI is an Equal Opportunity Employers and seeks diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Alpha Gamma Rho Fraternity
Alpha Gamma Rho (AGR) Fraternity is currently seeking a Communications Manager who is responsible for the communication functions, projects and duties of the National Fraternity as directed by the Chief Executive Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading, creating and managing AGR’s communications program, publications and communications channels, including its branding efforts. This position will coordinate with AGR staff, volunteers and vendors.
Type & Term of Position:
Permanent, full-time staff position employed by Chief Executive Officer with approval by the Grand President and based in AGR’s Home Office in Kansas City, Missouri, open to remote work opportunities.
Position requires travel on an occasional basis, approximately 15%.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop, implement and evaluate the annual communications program based on the Fraternity’s strategic priorities, promise and values; track the status of projects to ensure deadlines and budgets are met. An annual Communication Plan should be developed and implemented.
- Perform duties for the Chief Executive Officer as they relate to various types of communications. Determine the most effective and efficient platform for AGR Executive communications. Maintain knowledge of AGR activities and make communications recommendations.
- Follow established brand guidelines in all communications. Provide updated guidelines, recruitment and informational materials for AGR chapters.
- Develop, write and edit high-quality communications, including website and social media marketing copy, presentations, e-newsletters, brochures, signage, news releases and other internal and external communications materials. Perform the design, layout and production for some communication materials.
- Lead the planning, production and distribution of the Fraternity’s publications including the biannual Sickle & Sheaf and the annual Growth Report for the Educational Foundation. Seek story ideas and photos, research, write and edit articles, coordinate design and layout, and manage vendors.
- Manage AGR’s digital presence for its website and social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Snapchat. Develop content, blogs, graphics and video assets for use on the website and social channels. Engage in online listening and evaluate digital analytics to inform future planning.
- Assist with email marketing and communications, including fundraising for the Educational Foundation and AGR events, such as Leadership Seminars, Adviser Forums and the biennial National Convention.
- Assist with AGR events, special projects and fundraising campaigns. Coordinate the development of promotional materials and presentations.
- Plan, coordinate and produce communication for a major fundraising campaign with the Educational Foundation, in the form of print and digital communication.
- Responsible for planning, compiling, writing, editing, producing, and distributing the S&S Monthly E-brief to membership.
- Recruit and manage an AGR communications intern, including providing direction and assignments.
- Develop and maintain relationships with volunteers, agencies, consultants and other external vendors on communications projects.
- Reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Works with Chief Executive Officer, other staff members, national boards, volunteers and vendors
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of experience in communications, ag communications, public relations or related field, or a combination of robust undergraduate/internship experience
- Ag background preferred but not required
- Knowledge or experience of the Greek system a plus
- Experience working with design and video software, such as Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Acrobat Pro, as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience working with social media platforms and online sites, including WordPress or similar CMS platforms
Click here to apply.