Membership & Engagement Coordinator
American Association of School Personnel Administrators
Reports To: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Salary Range: $39,000 - $42,000
JOB GOAL: Manage and maintain all membership functions. Responsible for membership recruitment, retention, reporting and communications. Duties will include maintaining member records in a database, tracking membership, answering membership questions, and planning and implementing member engagement strategies. In addition, you will work closely with the state affiliate leaders to identify opportunities to enhance engagement of current and prospective members. The successful candidate should be an organized and intuitive self-starter with exceptional marketing, communication and relationship skills with an interest in entrepreneurship and innovation.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to execute each requirement satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in marketing or communication.
- Two+ years association experience (member engagement, sales or recruitment related roles)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and marketing programs, including but not limited to, Constant Contact, Canva, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Premier Pro highly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of social media for marketing and communications.
- Strong organizational and communication skills required.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and work independently.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Perform such other tasks (which may require knowledge of other job descriptions) as may seem appropriate to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate, implement, improve and “own” the membership recruitment and engagement process. Follow-up and engage prospective members to ensure necessary paperwork is completed.
- Works collaboratively with the Executive Director to develop and execute a proactive membership strategy to engage current and prospective members, meeting the association’s membership directives and goals.
- Serves as the primary entry point for AASPA members and membership prospects, handling all incoming calls, emails and member inquiries. This includes the administration of the association Chatbot.
- Maintains all data within the AASPA database and online member directory, runs reports and analytics to help drive outreach to current and prospective members.
- Manages new member onboarding program, including orientation and year-round engagement throughout the first year of membership and participates in member and prospect outreach and retention calls.
- Support the creation of periodic member experience surveys and help implement any actionable feedback.
- Provide regular membership reports for staff, committees and the Executive Board; ensures integrity of membership data, metrics and trends.
- Assists the Membership Committee in the development and implementation of marketing programs and materials to effectively recruit/retain members and prospects.
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to AASPA members and prospects.
- Creates, facilitates and organizes affiliate training and programming focused on leadership development and affiliate operations.
- Identifies tools and resources for successful affiliate operations and provides best practices.
- Facilitates networking and idea sharing among affiliate leaders to increase opportunities for connection.
- Monitors affiliate operations, governance, and activities. Ensures compliance with national AASPA.
- Establishes key measurements to track affiliate performance and measure progress.
- Maintains Affiliate leadership database.
- Directs planning and implementation of communications and marketing and works with other staff to plan and promote membership through direct mail, electronic marketing Website, e-mail and other formats.
- Establishes key metrics for membership and marketing campaigns, ensuring outreach and retention efforts resonate with members and prospects.
- Responsibilities include understanding and utilizing print and electronic mediums to provide effective communication to members and promote the organization in a cost-effective manner.
- Manages AASPA’s Web site for Member Benefits as well as Blogs and Specialty Pages
- Creates and manages AASPA social media network, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical requirements may include:
- Low degree of physical stamina and a light degree of physical strength.
- Ability to use computer, telephone, and other office equipment for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel as needed for association events.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is not a virtual or remote position. Candidate must be willing to work in an office. AASPA maintains an office in Overland Park, KS open from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday.
Please send cover letter and resume to Kelly Coash-Johnson, Executive Director Kelly@aaspa.org by June 18, 2021
IAPD Meetings Coordinator
The International Association of Plastics Distribution (IAPD), a 501 c6 trade association, located in Overland Park, KS, USA, is seeking a Meetings Coordinator.
The Meetings Coordinator is responsible for organizational and administrative support for the meetings and sales departments. The job requires exceptional organizational skills, the ability to prioritize, multi-task and interact in a professional, productive manner with management, staff and members. Acute attention to detail and computer proficiency are vital, as is a positive attitude.
- Customer service for Association members.
- Assist in preparation and execution of board meetings, golf tournaments, annual convention and various events for Association members.
- Manage event registration process for all Association events, including building Cvent website, monitoring and reporting registrations, and handling event registration payments.
- Oversee the production of all meeting planning documents, including correspondence, reports, badges, registration lists, etc.
- Correspond with outside vendors for event needs, including hotels, audio-visual equipment, transportation, displays and other event requirements.
- Prepare detailed itineraries and planning book for each event.
- Review event bills for accuracy.
- Maintain records of events, including financial and historical details.
- Help with special projects, committee meetings support and research projects as needed.
- Maintain and perform accounts receivable functions, including invoicing members, billing and payments for association events.
- Collaborate with Membership Department to assist with membership engagement as needed.
- Some travel to Association events is required.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in an event management or administrative role. Education or internship equivalent may be substituted.
- Interest in meeting and event planning, ideally with a long term goal of meeting planning as a career.
- Excellent computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Power Point). Must have advanced-level experience with MS Excel.
- Prior experience working with a customer relation management database (CRM software) a plus.
- Exceptional organizational skills. Proven ability to maintain attention to detail while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong planning skills and ability to understand long-term goals while prioritizing current tasks.
- Prior experience working in a team environment as well as the ability to work independently and take ownership of projects/tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You must be a team player and interact well with staff and volunteers.
Reports To: Director of Meetings & Events
Staff are following current CDC recommendations regarding COVID-19 protocols.
How to Apply
To apply for the position please send cover letter and resume to Indeed.com. No phone calls from candidates or recruiters please.
Salary: This is a full time non-exempt hourly position. Salary range is $20-$22 per hour.
IAPD offers an excellent benefits package, including health, dental and short and long-term insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan.
NARI Executive Director
Kansas City NARI, a local chapter of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry, is a not-for-profit trade association and is the premier resource for the remodeling industry and its consumers. During the past year, the remodeling industry has been booming and is expected to continue to experience gains through 2022. This outstanding opportunity is available due to the upcoming retirement of the current executive director.
The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors’ officers. Together with two staff members, national association resources, and committee members, the Executive Director provides vision and leadership and is responsible for the success of the organization.
Primary Responsibilities Highlights:
- The environment is fun and family-oriented, with people who deliver high-quality results. The Executive Director oversees the various networking, educational and outreach events along with day-to-day operations. A strategically oriented leader can enhance existing programming and introduce new opportunities for current members and enhance new membership growth.
- Recommends policies and procedures, supports, informs, educates, facilitates and advises the governing body of the chapter.
- Works closely with, supports the efforts of, informs, educates, facilitates the success of, and advises and encourages Kansas City NARI’s committees.
- Communicates with the National Association of the Remodeling Industry Headquarters (HQ) officers and staff, and other chapters to share and implement incremental chapter improvements.
- Must be available for occasional weekend and evening events and travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Philanthropy, or related field preferred
- 5-10 years of non-profit leadership experience preferred
- Minimum Education and experience qualification can be substituted with an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Compensation: This is a full-time, exempt position. We offer a competitive total compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience/qualifications, use of company vehicle, generous holidays and paid time off.
KC NARI is an Equal Opportunity Employers and seeks diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.