If you love sales and you want to grow your income, we have a great opportunity for you. Working with the Director of Membership and Sales, you will sell:
- Advertising for all of our publications (print and digital)
- Exhibit and sponsorship sales for our annual convention and trade show
- Membership renewals
- Educational sales
This position offers a base salary plus commissions. The sales representative with the right blend of talent, grit and energy can pull down $60,000+ the first year and well up to six figures in future years.
We offer a generous benefits package including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- A 401K with up to 6% employer contribution.
- Strong focus on professional development; amp up your selling skills here.
- Vacation and sick leave.
- Casual office environment.
- We are pet friendly! It’s rare when we don’t have a dog in the office.
- We love food and always find a reason to celebrate with lunch.
This position focuses on repeat business as well as finding new business with current members. You’ll sell advertising (print and digital), sponsorships, exhibit booths, training programs and other member services.
Be prepared to hit the ground running! A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but you are encouraged to apply if you have some college experience and a proven track record.
You won’t be a road warrior in this role. You may travel up to five weeks per year.
Interested in joining our team? Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Make sure you connect with IAPD on LinkedIn prior to applying!
The International Association of Plastics Distribution (IAPD) is the only trade association dedicated to the performance plastics distribution supply chain. IAPD brings together distributors, fabricators, manufacturers, manufacturers’ representatives, recyclers and service providers to help their businesses thrive.
We are a trade association which means companies make up our membership.
IAPD member companies are the leaders in the performance plastics distribution industry and are dedicated to promoting distribution as the way to market. They range from large, multinational corporations to small, local businesses.
IAPD is the foremost resource for information on the application and environmental benefits of performance plastics. Everything IAPD does is based on our three strategic pillars: to grow and protect the performance plastics industry, improve the knowledge, performance and capability of IAPD members and to make the distribution channel the path of choice.
Performance plastics are industrial or multiple use plastics. We are not consumer-grade plastics.
AMSSM Director of Policy & Advocacy (Full-time or Consultant Equivalent)
The Director of Policy & Advocacy will lead the overall advocacy, policy and legislative strategy for the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine, a 501c3 non-profit membership association of nearly 4,000 sports medicine physicians, based out of Leawood, Kansas (Kansas City metropolitan area).
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 5+ years’ experience working in a health policy role in a state or federal position (health policy aid for member of Congress, legislative body, etc.);
- Have experience working on Medicare/reimbursement/CMS issues;
- Be well versed in day to day tracking/monitoring of bills and engaging members/constituents;
- Have experience building partnerships/coalitions to build effective advocacy strategy (with legislative staff, state medical/national societies and other organizations);
- Be highly organized, have an ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and meet tight deadlines, and have strong written and verbal communication skills. Candidate must be able to work collaboratively with members, partners and colleagues holding a wide variety of positions within AMSSM;
- Share a passion for sports and physical activity;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree (required), Masters’ degree in related field a plus (Masters in Public Policy, etc.).
The position is expected to be full-time or full-time equivalent. The position will either be a full-time position based out of the AMSSM Office in Leawood, Kan., or become a contracted consultant role if based out of the Washington, DC area.
- If full-time based out of the AMSSM Office, the position will be an AMSSM employee with full-time benefits that include health, dental and vision insurance (each paid 90 percent by AMSSM) plus life insurance and disability insurance coverage for the employee, along with paid vacation and sick leave and a retirement program.
- If based out of Washington DC, the role will be set up as an independent contractor (1099) – with amount of time offered per week to be negotiated between AMSSM and the consultant. As a contracted Policy & Advocacy consultant, AMSSM would not provide traditional staff benefits, office space, cover ordinary employer expenses or specifically direct daily work of the consultant.
- Besides this role that was previously filled by a consultant providing 10 hours a week of legislative support, AMSSM has a small staff of 7 full-time employees, along with an 80 percent time Research Director.
- Salary range is $75-85,000/yr. (plus benefits) if position full-time based out of Kansas City office (with $2,500 in relocation expenses available) or $75-100,000 yr. if a contracted consultant based out of Washington, DC area.
#1 Area of Position Focus: Lead AMSSM’s Advocacy strategy at all levels.
- Develop and lead AMSSM’s efforts to respond to state, federal and practice related issues that impact sports medicine physicians and patients
- Support the Practice & Policy Committee and its four subcommittees – Legislative; Practice & Economics; Healthcare Transformation & Quality Initiatives; and Community Advocacy
- Regularly evaluate AMSSM’s federal and state advocacy efforts
- Help lead regular Legislative Team meetings and conference calls
- Produce regular advocacy reports to share with AMSSM leadership and the AMSSM membership that includes analysis and recommendations.
- Serve as AMSSM’s point of contact for legislative coalitions
#2 Area of Position Focus: Lead AMSSM’s efforts to educate and empower members to become effective advocates at the community, state and federal levels.
- Grow AMSSM’s Grassroots advocacy program by utilizing/engaging the AMSSM State Key Contacts
- Regularly recruit and (re)engage Key Contacts willing to help with legislative efforts within their states
- Lead development of resources for State Key Contacts – to include regular communications, grassroots training, webinars/conference calls and in-person meetings during the Annual Meeting
- Lead AMSSM’s participation at the National Conference of State Legislatures Legislative Summit annually and help support AMSSM’s efforts of reaching out to state legislators and staff at the AMSSM booth at NCSL to educate them on AMSSM issues
- Lead the development of AMSSM Issue Briefs on targeted issues
- Promote the AMSSM’s advocacy efforts through blogs and news stories in the AMSSM Sideline Report, Weekly Digest and/or other forums
- Participate in AMSSM Board Meetings, Committee Meetings, Subcommittee Meetings Interest Group Meetings and Team Physician Meetings to better understand issues and serve as a resource to help educate members and advocate on issues affecting sports medicine physicians and patients
- Encourage and seek out opportunities for members to serve on State Commissions and/or other key leadership roles at a state and local level
#3 Area of Position Focus: Federal and State Legislative Tracking & Advocacy
- Monitor state and federal legislation and regulations to determine and advocate for community, state, federal and practice related issues impacting sports medicine
- Utilize BillTrack50 or other bill tracking software to monitor priority issues and advise Practice and Policy leadership
- As part of monitoring, provide monthly legislative reports and regulatory reports as needed to Practice & Policy Committee leadership.
- Utilize tools within bill tracking software to continually update Legislative Bill Tracking Map on AMSSM’s website so that members can be aware of bills that are a priority focus in their states.
- Should the need arise, lead the process of identifying any federal or state government lobbyists that AMSSM may request (and has been approved for funding by Board). AMSSM would be responsible for any fees related to registering to lobby in any state or locality. Would need to lead any lobbying compliance and/or reporting that is required.
#4 Area of Position Focus: Develop and utilize collaborative relationships to help monitor and address federal legislative and regulatory issues impacting sports medicine
- Develop relationships with legislative staff of allied healthcare organizations and seek to build/grow coalitions of mutual interest.
- Develop relationships with legislative staff at AAFP, AAP, ACP, ACEP, AAPM&R, ACSM, NATA, APTA/AASPT, AAOS/AOSSM, NCAA, NFHS, the professional sporting bodies/leagues and other related organizations.
- Build and utilize legislative contacts at the state medical societies and state AAFP, AAP and ACP Chapters to collaborate on bills/issues of mutual interest.
- Coordinate any AMSSM lobbying/testimony opportunities in DC and/or targeted states and/or coalition led efforts.
#5 Area of Position Focus: Monitor and address payment and practice issues impacting sports medicine physicians
- Lead development of AMSSM response on payment/reimbursement/coding issues with CMS and/or insurers, working closely with AMSSM leadership and/or allied organizations that may provide the expertise to assist.
- Develop relationships with contacts at CMS and insurance carriers to advocate on behalf of sports medicine physicians.
- Assist AMSSM and its members with credentialing as it relates to CMS, private payors, hospitals, healthcare systems and other similar bodies. Work with AMSSM staff and Practice and Policy leadership to ensure credentialing standards are updated on a regular basis.
- Monitor policy landscape for healthcare issues that affect sports medicine physicians and the practice of sports medicine and lead AMSSM response and strategy to address these issues; may relate to scope-of-practice, reimbursement, privileges, practice standards, evolving roles in healthcare systems, etc.
#6 Area of Position Focus: Advocate at the community, state and federal levels for active lifestyles and safety in sport
- Develop relationships with key policy organizations that work to improve exercise and physical activity levels for all ages.
- Identify opportunities in the healthcare system where AMSSM members can work to improve health for patients and communities by promoting exercise as primary, secondary and tertiary prevention.
- Develop relationships with key policy organizations that work to improve safety in sport and identify key ways that AMSSM can partner with these organizations to promote safety in sport at the youth, high school, college, professional and recreational level
- Identify methods for AMSSM members to advocate for active lifestyles and safety in sport and be leaders in their own communities on these issues.
The position will require up to 10-15 percent travel, including 7 nights travel to the AMSSM Annual Meeting each April and the NCSL Legislative Summit each August.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U. S. on an unrestricted basis.
To express your interest in the position, send your cover letter and resume, including salary requirements, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted through June 12.
We thank all respondents for their interest in AMSSM. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Executive Manager - Wildlife Disease Association
The Wildlife Disease Association (WDA), a 70 year old non-profit scientific society (https://wildlifedisease.org/wda/) , is searching a part time (50-60% annually) contract executive manager. Reimbursement is based on education, experience and demonstrated capabilities. Contract length can be negotiated.
This position requires business acumen and the ability to organize a complex entity. Preference will be given to those with a strong background in the health sciences, a working knowledge of WDA and/or membership in WDA or a similar organization. WDA's Executive Manager negotiates and signs all contracts, including those associated with electronic and print publishing, advertising, membership management and, in some years, those associated with the annual international conference. He/she interfaces with and invoices sponsoring or supporting agencies and non-profits. Many of WDA’s business operations are run through Allen Press and the incumbent is expected to supervise this and assure good business practices and that budgetary compliance is maintained.
The direct supervisors of the Executive Manager are the elected WDA President and Vice-President, but he/she also answers to the 21 person Council. The incumbent also works closely with the WDA Treasurer, WDA’s investment advisors, and the Editor of the Journal of Wildlife Diseases. Keeping Officers and Council informed on all significant business matters and providing leadership to selected committees are significant responsibilities.
The Executive Manager will be expected to play a significant role in strategic planning and to represent WDA in professional forums and with constituent groups. WDA has five international Sections and maintaining good relations with them is a high priority. Currently the Executive Manager also supervises the WDA website, the production of a quarterly Newsletter and a weekly News and Announcements. The ability to travel (conferences, meetings), including international travel, is required. Funding is available for travel and office assistance and supplies. There may be other duties as required.
Applicants should submit contact information, a professional resume responsive to the above job description (please include a list of 3 references that can speak to qualifications pertaining to this job), and a one page statement addressing why you are interested in the job to Deb Miller (email@example.com). Please include your surname and ‘application for WDA Executive Manager’ in the subject line. Applications will begin to be reviewed June 15 and continue until the position is filled.
Member Services Associate
Do you enjoy the process of systematically applying statistical techniques to describe and illustrate, condense and recap, and evaluate data? Do you excel at exceptional customer service? American Public Works Association (APWA), a national non-profit association, seeks a Member Services Associate located in our downtown Kansas City office, who will take our member data and create processes and procedures to collect member data in the AMS with quality control, data trends, analysis of data and schedule reporting.
The ideal candidate will coordinate and monitor the customer service experience, member recruitment and member retention efforts, implements strategies by monitoring feedback and using data collection to enhance the customer service experience, creates tools, resources and training to enhance the member experience and to measure effectiveness of recruitment/retention efforts, manages and supports components of the online employment website customer service inquires, including reporting; provides member service support during peak periods, and serves as point of contact for complex customer service needs and for lapsed group membership.
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be able to provide high quality customer service, be highly proficient in using all forms of media to deliver a message and have strong computer skills using Office 2010 or higher, and Outlook; be able to prioritize workload, be comfortable writing for and presenting to various audiences, and be flexible and detail oriented. Experience with iMIS software (or other AMS/ERP platform) and experience with quality assurance, reporting, and analysis desired. Association experience a plus.
Preference will be given to those with a minimum associate degree in related field combined with a minimum of four years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bi-lingual in Spanish or French is a plus.
TO APPLY BY MAY 30, 2019: Submit Cover Letter, Resume, and Salary Requirements to Attn: Monica Smith, APWA HR, 1200 Main Street, Suite 1400, Kansas City, MO 64105, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you enjoy developing and designing educational content? American Public Works Association (APWA), a national non-profit association, seeks an E-Learning Specialist located in our downtown Kansas City office, who will work with technical Subject Matter Experts (SME) to design and develop educational content housed on our Learning Management System (LMS).
This position will be part of a team that will design, develop, and maintain education for members of the association. Primary responsibilities include managing and serving as the primary point of contact for the association’s Learning Management System (LMS), including vendor management, staff training, development and implementation of policies, and future enhancements to the system.
Associate degree combined with a minimum of five years’ experience in adult continuing education, online learning, training or similar background or a combination of experience and education. The ideal candidate will have ability to prioritize workload, be comfortable writing for and presenting to various audiences, be flexible and detail oriented, understanding of adult learning needs and program development, including a working knowledge of LMS and online training systems, such as WebEx, Articulate, etc. Demonstrated skill in administering and supporting systems with a customer service focus for both internal and external customers desired. Association experience preferred.
TO APPLY BY MAY 30, 2019: Submit Cover Letter, Resume, Writing Sample, and Salary Requirements to Attn: Monica Smith, APWA HR, 1200 Main Street, Suite 1400, Kansas City, MO 64105, e-mail email@example.com.
Education & Credentialing Associate
Do you excel at superb customer service? Do you have certificate/accreditation program experience? American Public Works Association (APWA), a national non-profit association, seeks an Education & Credentialing Associate located in our downtown Kansas City office, who will serve as the department’s technology liaison to the Web Services team and provide troubleshooting support for the accreditation programs self-assessment software program.
The ideal candidate will serve as the primary contact to the 13-member Education & Credentialing department and customer service to the association’s accreditation and educational programs. Primary responsibilities include coordinating and supporting the delivery of the certificate programs and responding to customer service request from members.
The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be customer service oriented, be highly proficient in using all forms of media to deliver a message and have strong computer skills using Office 2010 or higher, and Outlook; be able to prioritize workload, be comfortable writing for and presenting to various audiences, and be flexible and detail oriented.
Preference will be given to those with strong writing skills, a minimum associate degree in related field combined with a minimum of two years of related experience providing support and technical liaison work for a large department or equivalent combination of education and experience. Association experience preferred.
TO APPLY BY MAY 30, 2019: Submit Cover Letter, Resume, Writing Sample, and Salary Requirements to Attn: Monica Smith, APWA HR, 1200 Main Street, Suite 1400, Kansas City, MO 64105, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Member Services Coordinator for Pharmacy Membership Association
American College of Clinical Pharmacy - Lenexa, KS 66215
The American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP), a professional membership association for clinical pharmacists, is seeking a Member Services Coordinator to join its Professional Development and Member Services team.
The Member Services Coordinator works with and provides support to the Senior Manager, Member Services in implementing ACCP’s Membership Development Plan on behalf of its Board of Regents. Responsibilities include supporting and executing initiatives to recruit and retain members, maintaining accurate membership records, assisting with membership reporting and analysis, and ensuring the timely and accurate collection of membership dues. This position also provides support to ACCP’s member communities and their initiatives and activities.
The successful candidate will exhibit a high commitment to customer service, a willingness to go the extra mile to meet member needs, and the initiative to resolve member issues and situations of member dissatisfaction to retain members and deepen membership commitment.
Located in Lenexa, Kansas, ACCP is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit professional membership association that provides leadership, education, advocacy, and resources to enable clinical pharmacists to achieve excellence in practice and research. ACCP's membership is composed of 17,000 practitioners, educators, administrators, scientists, students, residents, fellows, and others committed to excellence in clinical pharmacy and patient pharmacotherapy.
ACCP offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health, dental, and vision insurance; life, LTD, and AD&D insurance; paid holidays; significant paid time off; free parking; and a very generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Works with the Senior Manager, Member Services to develop, implement, and evaluate ACCP’s recruitment and retention strategies and membership communications
• Oversees ACCP’s student chapter initiative and coordinates student chapter-related activities before and during the ACCP Annual Meeting
• Provides support to the National Student Network Advisory Committee and National Resident Advisory Committee to accomplish charges set forth by the ACCP Board of Regents
• Provides support to other ACCP standing committees and task forces as needed to accomplish charges set forth by the ACCP Board of Regents
• Oversees ACCP/PRN Student Travel Award and Resident/Fellow Travel Award application and notification processes
• Oversees ACCP student and postgraduate trainee initiatives, including the On Demand Curriculum Vitae Review Service, the On Demand Letter of Intent Review Service, and the ACCP Mentoring Program
• Assists in the preparation of membership development reports for senior management and the ACCP Board of Regents. These reports provide updates on key member demographics and membership development activities supporting membership development goals.
• Assists in maintaining the member services-related areas of the ACCP website and membership database
• Oversees the processing of new member applications and membership renewals
• Works cooperatively and jointly to provide quality, seamless customer service
• Provides advance and on-site support for association conventions and meetings
• Performs other duties and projects as requested or assigned
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field
• 1-3 years’ member services experience in a membership association or related industry
• Other combinations of education and experience that meet the minimum requirements may be considered
• Expertise in membership marketing strategies preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat required
• Knowledge and familiarity with iMIS association management system strongly preferred
• Excellent project management skills; ability to prioritize and coordinate various projects simultaneously
• Ability to function independently and under tight and shifting deadlines is essential
• Accuracy and attention to detail is critical
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
• Effective interaction and follow-through with members, customers, volunteers, and staff is essential
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a willingness to work with others toward a common goal
Salary range for this position is $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 per year, depending on qualifications.
This position is not eligible for reimbursement of relocation expenses.
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to HR@accp.com.
Background screening will be required as a condition of employment offer.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.