Association Account Director
The Association Account Director is the driving force behind the overall strategy and relationships of Wellington’s association clients. The ideal candidate is an expert in associations, a strategic thinker, and able to sustain and grow relationships throughout the association and non-profit industry.
The Association Account Director ensures outstanding service to high-value clients and strives for organic expansion of services provided. Acting as a front-line point of contact, they will learn the association’s goals and translate them into actionable strategy.
Strong leadership skills are required as the Association Account Director is responsible for the management and coaching of the dedicated association team. They must create a culture of accountability for their team while embracing new ideas.
They should also possess organizational skills as he or she will oversee project management, marketing and finances. Budget parameters, company objectives, and deadlines are all intertwined in daily activities.
The Association Account Director reports to the Director of Operations, oversees 2-4 associations annually and is responsible for their assigned account team (approximately 5 – 8 people).
Level of experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study. 5+ years experience in association or non-profit work. 3+ years experience in team leadership/project management.
Client Relations & Development
- Develop successful relationships with multiple high-value clients
- Actively pursue new client relationships and lead in-person sales presentations to prospective clients
- Advise clients, boards and other groups and act as a consistent resource; address needs promptly and appropriately
- Understand how to effectively work within a volunteer culture
- Gain an in-depth understanding of specific client’s brands, marketing strategies, and goals in order to build strategic plans
- Organize and run client, committee, board and partner calls
- Develop partnerships with industry affiliates
- Oversee collaboration meetings with the assigned Wellington account team to approve program specifications, timelines, budget parameters, program profitability and efficiency
- Effectively deliver new, creative ideas on a consistent basis
- Experienced in association management software (MyCadmium, Memberclicks, project management software, etc.)
- Energetically represent, craft and implement the Wellington brand
- Travel approximately 25 percent of the year – long days/light lifting
- Optimistically manage the Wellington association team – including training and coaching
- Schedule and lead collaboration meetings to develop strategy and ensure consistent service level standards.
- Approve and monitor project specifications, timelines, budget parameters, program profitability, and efficiency
- Take active role in company staff and account management meetings
- Visionary and strategic
- Keen understanding of association strategy and operations
- Innate curiosity about the association industry and emerging trends
- Well-versed in industry terminology and well-spoken in high level discussions
- Adept at establishing relationships quickly and growing them over time
- Accurate and persuasive in all communication
- Self-starter and solid work ethic
- Ability to work with many different personalities and styles of work
- Inherently positive and approachable
- Resourceful and collaborative
ABOUT OUR COMPANY - WELLINGTON
Wellington produces extraordinary conferences, meetings, special events, incentive programs, prize programs, gifts, giveaways and marketing campaigns for a wide array of organizations – curating many of the world’s leading brands. Our high-energy people love what they do. We thrive on delivering signature experiences that motivate and impress. By design, every detail of every event helps clients make a positive connection with their audience. It’s who we are and what we do. Thus, any new team member must share our passion and commitment and be able to recognize and embrace the “Wellington Experience.”
- Top 25 Under 25 in 2012
- WBE Certified Company
- Ingram’s Fastest Growing Companies 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Women Who Mean Business Award Winning Company in 2014
- 2018 Top 10 Finalist – Kansas City Small Business of the Year
Applicants may apply online at http://www.wellingtonexperience.com/careers/.